"I was having difficulties getting pregnant and was told by several people including my doctor that acupuncture could help me. So I reached out to Michelle. She was very accommodating in making appointments for me that fit my busy schedule. I had never tried acupuncture before and felt a bit unsure about it. However, Michelle reassured me and made me feel comfortable throughout the whole process. And to my delight after only a very short period of time I found out I was pregnant. We decided to continue acupuncture throughout my first trimester because of all the difficulties I had with getting pregnant. Just to be safe! I'm so grateful for my experience with Michelle. Today I have a healthy and vibrant soon to be four year old little girl and I owe it to Michelle."
* Individual results vary. No guarantee of specific results is warranted or implied and your results will depend on many factors
(view full disclaimer here)
Your body is a wondrous eco-system, that is designed to bring life into the world. But just like a seed needs the right temperature, nutrients, warmth and water to grow. So does your baby need your body to be in just the right balance so he/she can grow!
- Increasing blood flow to the uterus and Improving the endometrial lining – Having a thick, nutrient-rich endometrial lining improves the chances of an ovum implantation on the uterine wall
- Regulating hormones and the menstrual cycle – A properly functioning menstrual cycle can help women become pregnant. Acupuncture regulates the hormonal connection between the hypothalamus, the pituitary gland and the ovaries, promoting a normal cycle.
- Stimulating ovulation – Some women ovulate irregularly, or not at all, due to low Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and Luteinizing Hormone (LH) levels. Acupuncture can help to regulate these hormones so patients begin to ovulate regularly
- Improving egg quality – The quality of an egg is an important factor in fertility. A woman’s ovarian egg reserve is affected by age, genetics, medical history and lifestyle choices. Acupuncture can help to produce an increased number of viable eggs for women trying to get pregnant
- Reducing stress and anxiety – When a couple has difficulty trying to conceive, this can provoke a lot of anxiety. Stress does not help a couple trying to conceive. Acupuncture assists in regulating the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis that causes the release of stress hormones.
Frequent Questions & Answers
How does acupuncture work for fertility?
Acupuncture modulates how your nervous system communicates to your hormonal system.
This means acupuncture can have a direct effect on your hormones and can regulate the menstrual cycle, promote ovulation, support the luteal phase for implantation, balance hormones/regulate hormonal activity, stimulate the growth of a healthy uterine lining, increase libido and reduce stress with trying to conceive.
I am on ovulation induction medication. Is acupuncture still right for me?
Absolutely, we can help compliment your medication for improved outcomes by promoting ovulation and supporting the luteal phase for implantation.
Should my husband come for acupuncture?
With declining sperm rates and sub-fertility it makes sense for both partners to receive acupuncture at specific times in the menstrual cycle to increase pregnancy rates. Acupuncture can also give your husband a “boost” at the time of your ovulation.
Does it hurt?
No it doesn’t hurt! This is one of the biggest misconceptions about acupuncture. The needles are very fine and flexible and would compare to a human hair or a cat whisker. Acupuncture needles are virtually painless when inserted in the skin. Most people find acupuncture extremely relaxing and fall asleep during treatment.
Is acupuncture safe when I do become/am pregnant?
Absolutely! Acupuncture is recommended at a regular frequency during the first trimester of your pregnancy and can help with anxiety, nausea and vomiting, fatigue and headaches and heartburn to name a few.
How do I know you are my best choice for fertility acupuncture?
We are committed to helping couples overcome challenges with conception. We take a comprehensive approach to patient care integrating evidence-based acupuncture to increase success. Our goal is to help couples achieve their dream of having a happy, healthy baby.
How long do acupuncture treatments take?
Your first visit is an hour and follow up treatments are 45 minutes.
How often do I come in for acupuncture?
Depending on your individual situation treatment could be recommended once to twice per week.
Will my insurance cover my acupuncture treatments?
We can find out for you, just click on the insurance verification button and we will let you know in 24-48hrs.